Sesame Crisps

While I was searching for a sesame cookie recipe, I came across a recipe from uTry.it for Sesame Cookie Crisps and Sesame Tuile. They looked so easy and simple to make that I just had to try it out... Plus I bought extra ingredients for the sesame cookies and was going to make these crisps if the cookies didn't work out. Yes... I don't always get all the recipes to work properly and if I have committed to bringing dessert for an event then I better make sure that I have something to bring! =P

I cut the original recipe in half and reduced the sugar but alas the crisps turned out very sweet (or maybe it's just me... last time everyone thought the sesame cookies were fine but I thought they were too sugary). Anyway the crisps turned out to be nice and well... crispy! ;-) Actually they kinda reminded me of sesame candies in a way...

Ingredients (makes around 20 crisps):
1 large egg white
10g caster sugar
15g plain flour
14g butter, melted
1/4 cup toasted white sesame seeds
1/4 cup toasted black sesame seeds

Method:
  1. Preheat oven to 171°C / 340°F.
  2. In a large mixing bowl, add egg and sugar, whisk until the sugar completely dissolved.
  3. Add flour and melted butter, whisk until well combined.
  4. Add sesame seeds and stir until well combined.
  5. On a silicon baking sheet, spread one teaspoon of batter into 2-inch rounds, at least 1/2-inch apart.
  6. Bake 8-10 minutes and cool crisps on wiring rack while they're still warm.

0 comments:

Post a Comment