Nougat Candy

I got inspired by K to make this nougat candy after tasting it at her house.  It sounded so easy and quick to make if you have a microwave (this is actually quite important). I decided to make it for a gathering held at my other friend's place. However, when I got there, I had to improvise as she didn't have a microwave!  Oops... I think it still worked out though as you can see from the pictures, the candy is lightly "browned" as I wasn't stirring the mixture quick enough on the stove.


Actually another embarrassing thing that happened is that I lost the recipe that I wanted to use.  Because K's recipe uses milk powder and I didn't want to buy a huge tin of milk powder so I opted for a recipe with white chocolate instead.  I spent around 10-15 minutes searching for the recipe while the guests waiting patiently for the dessert.  I didn't end up finding it but here's the recipe I used a basis for my own recipe. I didn't have any of my scales or measuring cups so all of this was approximate. I did find everything a bit too sweet, so the next time I'd probably cut down on the marshmallows or something.

Ingredients:
200g white chocolate chips
120g marshmallows
24g dried cranberries
24g peanuts

Method:

  1. In a microwave bowl, melt chips on high 30 seconds or until melted. Cool 5 minutes.
  2. Stir in rest of ingredients.
  3. On wax paper (or foil), form 1 log. Refrigerate 2 hours.
  4. Cut into pieces.

0 comments:

Post a Comment