Cameo Chocolate Macarons

So last Christmas, I booked some time off as I had to clear off my annual leave before the start of this year. At first I didn't have anything planned so I was a bit bummed out... Christmas by myself in HK was not exactly my idea of fun. =P A week before Christmas, I was looking at the CX Fanfares and saw a really cool destination that I wanted to go.  And it was during the period of time that I booked! All signs pointed me to going... and so I did...! Where did I end up going?  Milan!

Honestly speaking, before my trip I was scared out of my wits... What was I thinking?  Traveling to Milan by myself in the dead of winter?  Well... It was a little crazy but I really enjoyed the time away from HK. Yah things were a little quiet in Milan during Christmas (many things were closed...) but I still had a good time.

I found a grocery store nearby one of the hotels I stayed and decided that I would bring back a pre-mix box of 'something' to bake. There were so many different choices, but I finally picked chocolate macarons coz I know it's really hard to make from scratch! Hmm... the only problem was that the whole box was in Italian... Thanks to Google Translate though, I managed to figure out what was needed!


Maybe you wanna know what I think about the Italian style chocolate macarons. Well... To be polite, it's not something I'll be going back and getting more of! It was a total bust... It looked like a macaroon but it tasted a bit like cardboard. And when it first came out of the oven, the cookie part was so hard and crispy... Nothing like a macaron. But it kinda redeemed itself in the end coz the next day, the cookie softened up and was much better (but still not very tasty). I guess things got lost in translation... =)

0 comments:

Post a Comment