Mango Pudding

It's been so humid lately that I almost had a heatstroke the other day.  The air con in our living room is not working and even with a light breeze drifting in from the windows, our place still traps a lot of heat. So I decided that it was in my best interests to make a dessert that didn't require any baking whatsoever. =P

I'm not sure why… but there doesn't seem to be a big emphasis on the concept of seasonal fruits in HK. What I am referring to is a particular time of year when a certain fruit is at its peak. It's usually also when that fruit is the freshest and cheapest.  Perhaps it's because HK imports all their fruits so there's always somewhere in the world where a certain fruit will be in season? Anyway, in Canada, my mom used to wait until summer when mangoes were in season before making mango pudding. Since it's already starting to feel like summer here, I picked to make this yummy dessert!

This recipe comes from one of my favourite blogs… Do What I Like. I find this blog extremely helpful as it has many Asian dessert recipes and the blogger writes them all in English! I've tried making many desserts from her blog already and I've had success with all of them so far. =)


Ingredients:
(A)
2 eggs (lightly beaten)
250mL boiling hot water
240g mango puree (made from fresh mangoes)
100mL whipping cream or evaporated milk

(B)
90g mango flavoured jelly crystals
5 tsp gelatin powder
3 tbsp sugar
375mL boiling hot water

(C)
2 or more mangoes (diced into cubes)
5 tbsp aloe vera (diced into cubes) - optional

Method:

  1. Lightly beat eggs in a big mixing bowl. Add in 250mL hot boiling water, stirring all the time to prevent eggs from curdling. Strain egg mixture, add in the mango puree and whipping cream or evaporated milk. Mix gently till well blended.
  2. Put all ingredients in (B) into a large mixing bowl and stir till jelly crystals, gelatin and sugar dissolved.
  3. Mix both egg and jelly mixture together till well combined.
  4. Pour mixture into jelly cups that are rinsed with cool drinking water. Add in spoonfuls of (C) - the cubed mango pieces and aloe vera pieces into individual cups.
  5. Chill in the refrigerator till set.
  6. Serve chilled drenched with evaporated milk or mango puree and extra serving of mango and aloe vera cubes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment